|Director:||Mindy Waldron, R.E.H.S.,|
|Angie Gerardot, R.E.H.S.|
|Location:||1 E. Main St. |
City-County Building, 5th Floor
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
|Office Hours:||8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
Monday – Friday
The Food Protection Division is charged with the responsibility of seeing that all annually-licensed food establishments in
Allen County are inspected at least two times per year in accordance with Allen County
Code Title 10, Article 2. In an ongoing effort to help food establishment
operators provide the safest food products possible, inspections are conducted in an
educational manner to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local
In addition to inspecting nearly 1,400 annual food establishments, this Division is also
responsible for the following duties:
- Licensure and inspection of all Temporary Food Establishments in conjunction with
special events and festivals.
- Licensure and inspection of all Temporary Farmer’s Markets.
- Conducting foodborne illness investigations and all sampling efforts necessary.
- Follow-up on all food-related consumer complaints.
- Follow-up on all food establishment fires.
- Facility Plan Review for all new food establishments and those undergoing remodeling or
- Conducting educational programs for operators and employees.
- Assisting the public with food-related questions and problems.
County Food and Beverage Ordinance
Handler Certification Rule
– Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
Penalties Rule – ISDH
Protocol – ISDH
Establishment Inspections (in
Foodborne Illness Training and Chart
Foodborne Illness Chart for common food
Food Safety Tips
Frequently Asked Questions
regarding restaurants and food handling
Signals the need of an Adobe Reader to download maps, press releases or
documents. For a free Adobe Reader, access www.adobe.com.
people have visited this